Man, we can't catch a break, FIRE THE COACH!

OK, so first things first, I'm having fun and from as far as I can tell, my team is as well, but can we please taste victory once this year?!?!
The Advantage Dirt Contractors were looking good to start Saturday morning. We were up 2-0 against Generations of Ellensburg after three minutes of play. Owen was on fire. We were rolling. Then, in a coaching move I will regret for a while, I subbed out my starters and the wheels fell off. Our 2-0 lead quickly evaporated and we lost, 6-2.

Here's Boogs. She's defending an opposing player in game one. Jake and Kenzie are to the right of the pic. It was cold on Saturday as you can tell from the long sleeve shirts and sweat pants. However, the kid with the ball was wearing his jersey under his sweatshirt, which is a no-no according to the by laws. I'm waiting to see if my official dispute with the league to force his team to forfeit will be honored................just joking...........but c'mon! Toughen up, buddy.

So this somwhat describes my demeanor in game two. You can see my arms held out in confusion. Jake is prime for the pass, but D-Rae and Kenzie are busy stealing the ball from each other. The other team is nowhere in sight, which is weird since the scored NINE times to our one goal.
So the Advantage Dirt Contractors are 0-10-1 on the season. I'm worried our sponsor (Owen's dad) will pull his logo off our jerseys and I'm definitely on the hot seat. After the games, Brittany said, "I knew we were in trouble when the coach started calling plays." (we have no plays unless you count me pleading with the kids to watch the ball). Cathy, my favorite mother in law said, "Jon, I like you and I'm not trying to be mean, but you got outcoached." Solid burn, right there.

Comments

Nana said…
Oh no!! I can't take this bad mouthing the Coach, but I guess when you look at the stats I can see were someone would say that. At least the kids are having fun....aren't they???
PS..the Coach is my son!!!
Grandma Debbie

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown