Advantage Dirt Contractors move to 0-8-1

After a 5-1 shellacking to the neon green team, the Advantage Dirt Contractors "Huggers" (I'll get to our mascot in a moment) battled to a 3-3 tie with Thorp Fruit and Antiques on Saturday afternoon. Down 2-1 we rattled off two goals to take the 3-2 lead very, very late in the game. I say "very, very late" as in the game was pretty much at the end of the time limit (no refs or official clock in co-ed U-6, just both coaches agreeing on when the game is over). We decided to line up for an extra few minutes and that's when the wheels fell off. My kids were tired, many were just standing on the field watching the ball at their feet (kinda funny actually) and in the middle of a unscheduled substitution (where one players just says, "I'M TIRED!" while running off the field and the replacement leisurely walks on the field while the opposing team's best player rumbles by with the goal in sight) we were scored on to make it a 3-all tie. But hey, that's better than the first game, definitely.

We'll see how practice goes on Wednesday..............

As for our mascot, everything is very unofficial. Some teams are the Tigers and all that, but one parent mentioned to me how my team is always hugging and roughhousing when I'm trying to coach. Hilarious at times, drives me bonkers other times. I haven't officially dubbed our team "The Huggers" (except to my wife) but that's our mascot in my opinion. When the girls greet each other, it's by loud screams, running across the playground to meet each other like they haven't seen each other in years (although it's only been a couple of hours since kindergarten got out). When the boys arrive, they sheepishly welcome the fanatic girls.

Comments

Nana said…
Oh how funny..it was the first time I attended and watching these little ones run up & down the field was hilarious. Jon has it right when he stated how the kids were tired & decided to de-thrown the Coach. Brings back memories!

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown