Saws, safety goggles and nails...

This is Jon. We decided to expand the garden without losing any space, so I decided to build some planter boxes to place along our existing garden. Last year once our corn got tall (...watch our corn pop up in rows...as the Tim McGraw song says, great song by the way, it's on Dan and Angela's wedding CD that they gave to all of us in their wedding, thanks Angela!) the shadows the corn rows cast pretty much stunted the growth of our beans and carrots (at least that's what I think). So, we're mixing it up a bit and it also gives me the excuse to drive Old Wilson to the lumber yard like a real man.

As the picture demonstrates, I'm a "measure twice, cut once" kind of contractor.

I'm all about the safety, as you can tell by the goggles while I was sawing. I might be all about the safety, but this picture also demonstrates that I'm clearly not all about the fashion. This must be one of those days that I get dressed without Brittany's guidance.

Muscling the dull blade of the saw through treated Douglas fir.

Delaney with her bag of nails we got from the hardware store a few blocks away (I guess everything in the town of Kittitas is no more than a few blocks away). She was a really good sub-contractor. For now, we've put the two planter boxes along the fence where the wheel barrows are in the picture. We're not sure what exactly where going to put in here, but probably beans and cucumbers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown