Delaney's kindergarten open house!

This is Jon. The emotional roller coaster that is called parenting continued with tonight's open house at Kittitas Elementary. Delaney's first day of kindergarten is Thursday and Tuesday's open house was a good way for the kids to see their room, meet their teacher and get acquainted with future friends. It's also a good way for parents to ease into this, especially new ones like me who is...well...finding this...exhilarating and tough at the same time. I'm proud as can be though.

My little A+ student, who told me as we were walking hand in hand to the school (1/2 block away from home, by the way), "Dad, I'm a little nervous." My response? "So am I, D-Rae, I needed you to help me out."

A quick time out for me to cry...

...and we're back.

My beautiful trio.

Proud Daddy.

The classroom was well decorated, very colorful and very organized, but not so much that is wasn't inviting and normal. The room has a couple of computers, but at the end of the day, what worked for me in the 80s still works for my daughter and Mrs. O seems like she's going to be perfect for Delaney.

Delaney and her new teacher, Mrs. O. She has lived in the Kittitas Valley all her life. Her husband is a firefighter and he was there as well as Mrs. O's mom and dad. Her husband is very proud of the attention she gives the kids and the work she puts into the job. It was actually really good for me to talk with him. Thursday's the day, so we'll post pictures again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown