Delaney's "Special Lunch!"

This is Jon. Delaney and her class had been planning a "Special Lunch" for their moms and dads for a while and Monday was the day! A few days before, the kids got to vote on what kind of food they wanted to have for the lunch. Delaney voted for chicken, hamburgers won. Delaney voted for carrots, corn on the cob won. Delaney voted for oranges, watermelon won. She didn't mind though. In a flash of maturity, she came home, told us what happened, shrugged her shoulders and said, "it happens." She didn't seem to mind because she scarfed down her food.

Delaney sitting next to her friend, Bianca. Beind them in the blue is "Teacher Connie" one of Delaney's teachers. Very nice lady. Delaney has three teachers ("Teacher Debbie" and "Teacher Cindy") and all three of them are very nice and just great with Delaney.

The class made flower centerpieces for the tables, complete with colors and sparkles. If you look closely, they are egg cartons cut up into pieces. A great idea. The teachers held a raffle and kids got to take the centerpieces home. Delaney didn't win, but Adelyn got to help draw the winning tickets.

Mommy with her proud hostess, Delaney Rae.

The Special Lunch was such a bid deal that Adelyn actually let us pretty-up her hair. Shocking.

Addy Bear strategizing her next bite of corn.

I'm very happy I got to pull away from work to be there. I blocked it off my calendar, but didn't say anything so I could surprise Delaney. I drove 70 minutes for a 20-minute lunch and wouldn't want to have it any other way. Those are the kinds of things my parents did for my brothers and I from preschool through high school and I remember back then thinking how cool that was of them.

Comments

dan said…
That's awesome Jon. You guys are great parents and have a wonderful family. 2 very lucky girls!
Megs said…
How fun, what special memories Delaney will remember them forever, just like you do!!
Mr.UGF said…
AHHHHH! I love it! That is so neat! Delaney and Adelyn are so CUTE!

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown