Guddats head to Great Falls, Montana!

This is Jon. Last weekend was our third installment of our annual trek to Great Falls to see Zach at the University of Great Falls and watch him run in the UGF Relays in town. Two years ago as a freshman, the snow storm was so bad you couldn't even see him on the other side of the track and they called the meet in the middle of his race due to the extreme elements. Last year, the snow storm was so bad, the roads were closed and we had to backtrack two hours (on a usually 8 hour drive) to go a different way home. This year, the only time we got snow was on the mountain passes and the rest of the time was just rainy on the road, so we got away with an easy trip this time. Below are some random photos of the trip.

Right around Wallace, Idaho, Delaney started mumbling something about being sick. I went from 70 mph to zero in no time flat. Brittany is discussing the benefits of fresh air to Delaney.

On the way home, right around the exact same place Adelyn started thinking the same thing. The girls are great road trippers, though. They travel very well.

Welcome to Montana from the top of Lookout Pass. I can remember Dad and I taking Jerrod to school in the summer of 1997. This overpass had a sign that said, "Speed Limit: Reasonable and Prudent," which is exactly what we did.

I took tons of photos of the scenery, the "Big Sky" and anything else we saw. Obviously the pictures don't do the state justice. Montana is God's Country. I said it about every hour, but thought that about every 10 minutes. I've already found where I want to buy property, too. You might see the green sign in the middle of the picture. It says, "Clark Fork." We passed this river, no joke, about 20 times.

Seriously, Big Sky country. I'm moving here someday.

Random picture. There's a town in Montana called "Superior." There's a billboard right outside of Superior that says, "A superior bank for a Superior town. Wells Fargo Bank." I've already put in a marketing request for something similar to that near my branch. "Wells Fargo, Cle Elum, where the bankers are so good lookin'. "

As much as I didn't want to, we decided to bring our laptop along with us to keep the girls occupied in case of any antsy kids along an 8-10 hour drive. This is Delaney watching "Hanna Montana" with her cute ear buds in so she doesn't wake her napping sister. I think she looks so adorable and about 16 years old here.

Adelyn's head is up, but she's not watching the movie, she's passed out.

Brittany and the girls with Zach right before we left for home.

So another random photo here. We saw a couple of these in Great Falls. Seriously? Check a Child day care? Seemed harmlessly scary to me.

I'm a Marriott Rewards member but I've never been honored as the Guest of the Day. I still posed with the parking sign right next to the hotel entrance.

Ahh yes, the annual Testical Festival in Rock Creek, Montana. I've always wanted to go, but have only driven by a few times. Yes, I've had one. They're delicious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown