Jon at Manastash Trail #1350

This is Jon. I've been getting out way more these past few weeks (been in the pool for a while) and I forgot how much I like hiking. Dad, Jerrod and I were emailing each other the other day (I was trying to work, I don't know what the heck those guys do all day.......) about trying to get the legs back in shape for bigger endeavors. This one helped me get reacquainted with nature for sure.

I could be wrong, but I believe we're looking east toward Ellensburg. Not sure.

Manastash Creek, right before Lost Lake.

Lost Lake. Perfect name for it. I was walking through some thick woods, and all of a sudden this lake appeared. Right in front of me is a clearing perfect for a overnight stay. I'm thinking about coming back very soon.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but these are huge rock formations that dot the Forest Service road. Manastash Road out of Ellensburg is about 10 miles or so before the gravel Forest Service road takes over. It's another 9 miles to get to the trailhead, but the road goes even farther.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown