News from the back 40........

This is Jon. It's been pretty windy in the back 40 (OK, so it's not 40 acres, more like 400 square feet) and its been wrecking havoc against our corn stalks, some of which have grown to around seven feet. We're trying to protect them, but the chain link fence along our garden doesn't do much in the way of wind protection.

There's one thing wrong in this picture (my corn) and one thing right (my girl).

Another angle. The good thing is the corn is still rooted in the ground well. Not sure how this will affect potential ears of corn.

The good thing is the ears are really starting to show. This photo is almost a week old and we're seeing these grow even bigger while noticing other ears pop out as well.

I'm told we planted too many pumpkin seeds, but I think only two or three vines sprouted and of those few, only one has really grown. But we're hopeful this one yields a few pumpkins for the girls in a couple of months.

Brittany showing off her green beans. I eat them right in the garden. Not sure how many will make their way onto the dinner table!

English cucumber. Brittany says these are the burpless ones, which until she told me what that meant, I was thinking something totally different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown