See ya Milt the Lumina!

This is Jon. We had our own Cash For Clunkers extravaganza in KTOWN on Wednesday. "Milt" our 1991 Chev Lumina was sold to Gerry's Foreign Auto Parts for a cool $50. This car was sweet to drive. When I worked at Sunfair, slinging cars for a year, a guy came in, took way too long to make a decision on a new car and traded "Milt" in. I negotiated the trade in value hard because I was 99.9% sure I was going to buy the car from my dealership because at the time, Brittany and I were BROKE, so broke that both of our cars were dead and I was driving dealership cars to and from work. Anyway, I closed the deal and while that guy was finishing up the paperwork for his new car, I drove his old car right by him on the way home from work. But time and 190,000 miles took its toll on Milt and the tranny went out on me about three blocks from home one night forcing me to push him home for his final ride home. I chose this picture because you can see the back side of the "Firehouse" as I call it. I'm told that our shed in the backyard was the first firehouse in KTOWN. I mention it because every time I do, Brittany rolls her eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown