Last of the corn

Well, fall is definitely upon us now as our garden is free of most of our vegetables. Just the pumpkins remain now, 6 weeks before Halloween. These next couple of shots are of me and the girls shucking corn. Our final tally was 10 ears earlier this week, although we left a handful in the garden as they didn't really grow much. Brittany and I learned a few things: We probably should've watered more and we're going to position the corn in a different spot in our backyard next year. Someone also told us to line the corn in a North/South formation. We went West/East. The corn we did get was good. I was impressed. I'm really happy, as were my three girls.


The girls: proud of their bounty!

We were going to roast this corn but decided against it since it looks like I was already roasted myself. Great photo of me.


Comments

Mr.UGF said…
Love the picture of Jon! The girls are such good workers. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown