Our Gardening Adventures










Ok. So I'll admit I have never been a big nature fan. In many ways Jon has helped me with that. I go camping now. I stop to smell the roses, watch a sunset or gaze at the stars. The one thing we have always fought about was me working in the yard. It was always too hot or I had other things to do. This year I decided I needed to vest more time in my home and family and working in the yard with our family was a great way to do it! Jon and I first cleaned up and planted in a few spots that have been ransacked by the neighborhood cats. We planted wildflowers there and and added fragrant bark mulch. Then we decided to tackle the back dirt plot that has been overgrown with weeds. I had never done so much weeding in my whole life! We finally got the plot cleared up and planted the 1st ever Guddat family garden!!! All four of us spent the day raking the ground and sowing the seeds in for Cucumbers, Corn, Green Beans, Carrots, and Pumpkins. The girls are so excited to help water and weed and watch the garden grow. I too, am really excited and am glad that we found an outside activity that will be something the girls will continue to learn from and enjoy. (Plus hopefully the veggies will be good too!)

Comments

Jon Guddat said…
No pictures of me with my cowboy hat?!?! I make that look good!
Megs said…
It looks great, I can't wait to see it!! All that hard work will pay off when you get to eat the yummy goodness that comes of it!!
Nana said…
WOW...your garden is going to be just great...and of course if you are overrun with excess veggies...I'll take some Thank you very much!

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown