Let's talk about the last four months...............

This is Jon. I don't get to updating the ol' family blog as often as in the past. I guess we lead a pretty eventful life! Here's what the last handful of months have shown us.
Delaney doing what Delaney does best...getting her hands dirty while looking at crawdads during the 4th grade field trip to Lake Easton State Park last May.
Shots from the Ellensburg Rodeo arena, at times a home away from home for us.
My rodeo princesses, hanging out at the Gold Buckle Room.
To get Adders to sit still in the car and not try to climb out of the window while on the freeway takes an act of God.
Chilling at the Wanapum Dam reservoir near Vantage.
Bat Night at the Mariners game.
The great Seattle skyline from the cheap seats.
Is Dee Dee not the cutest here?
Me n' Dee, third base coaches for Adelyn's softball team.
Daddy and Addy at the Seattle waterfront.
Seattle Aquarium with mommy for the 2nd grade field trip.
It's interesting. You wouldn't expect to see wildlife in busy Seattle, but wouldn't you know it? I was able to snap a picture of a fox.
Camping at Saw Mill Flats...and the water pump was one of the coolest things for the girls.
Adelyn along the Little Naches river.
Tadpoles at Bumping Lake.
D-Rae striking a pose at the Little Naches river.
Floating the Little Naches river at Saw Mill Flats. I did this as a kid 28-30 years ago and remember it like it was yesterday.
The girls, in a quiet moment. Always nice to see them enjoying time together. Makes me think that me n' B are doing something right.
Father's Day lunch along Box Canyon Creek at Lake Kachess.
Adelyn above and Dee below at the creek.
Impromptu family photo.
When you're rolling along the Columbia River and you see a place to stop, you get out and swim. It's a rule somewhere.
Continuing the check off rodeos from the bucket list. St. Paul, Oregon!
Why yes that is 2013 world champion calf roper Shane Hanchey. Great competitor and a kick to talk to about rodeo and football. Every time I talk to him we talk about his LSU Tigers. It could be the dead of winter and it will still come up.
What?!?!?!? Two rodeos in one day?!?!?!!?!? Of course. Welcome to the Molalla Buckaroo!
The significance of this photo? This was an exact recreation of my parents' wedding photo from 25 years ago. Jim's idea to wear the same outfits (just bigger sizes, of course) was awesome. We're in the exact poses as well, that's why we look awkward. Also of note, Jerrod and Jim are giants.
Friday night movies in the park. Great family fun put on by the city of Ellensburg each warm July Friday evening.
My little hiker.
Umptanum Falls.
The photo is blurry, but it's the best of Dee Dee.
Boulder Cave off of Hwy 410. Bucket list place for me to take my girls.
Inside the cave.
My girls, sliding down a natural waterslide along the cave hike. I did it when I was their age. 30 years later, I'm watching them enjoy the same thing.
Remember that tadpole pic? We went back to Bumping Lake on a second camping trip to Saw Mill Flats and found tiny frogs all over. Seriously, the lake's edge was crawling with frogs. Really cool.
Delaney. Loves. Snakes.
My girls at Quileute Beach southwest of Forks.
The last day of summer break is spent enjoying one last hurrah. So I took the girls to Salmon la Sac to find a swimming hole.
As you can tell by Delaney bundling up, it was chilly. The weather was nice, but the water was chilly.
Why yes, my fifth grade crossing guard daughter is protecting her third grade little sister.
Adelyn in the maroon socks in hot pursuit.
Have I mentioned she has already verbally committed to play soccer for her beloved Wazzu Cougars?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown