Summer rodeos 2014!

This is Jon. We continue to travel to a handful of rodeos and events in arenas this summer. Our latest excursions have taken us to Omak, Wash., and Caldwell, Idaho. The Omak trip was just with Daddy and Addy. Omak gets to be around 190 degrees in early August, so Brittany and Delaney said "peace out" and left the trip up to me and Adds.
Part of her birthday gift was to go to the Omak Stampede fair where she could ride on rides like this one that I dubbed "Death Spiral". Seriously. It was bad. I saw my life spin before my eyes. I vividly wrote about this ride and my trip with Adelyn in my weekly rodeo column a couple of weeks ago and it's probably the most-commented story I've written in a few years.
Me 'n Adds with her $5 snow cone.
Yeah, she's fanning herself with her $5 bill she was supposed to use on the snow cone, but she conveniently couldn't find her money when it was time to pay up. I actually think she's beautiful here.
Adelyn and I went to the rodeo as pure fans, I didn't go as press, but toward the end, I took her down to the bull chutes to watch the last couple of bull rides. I happened to snap this photo just in time.
We stopped and visited the warm, healing waters of Soap Lake on the way home.
Fast forward a couple of weekends and me and B found ourselves driving through eastern Oregon on our way to Caldwell, Idaho. The purpose of the trip was to see some rodeo friends of ours get married, but we made it a rodeo weekend and will be able to tell our tax accountant to write off our miles since I actually did plenty of work behind the chutes that weekend. It's all legit, I've got receipts. Brittany had never seen the Pendleton Round Up arena and it was a treat since we had the entire arena to ourselves. Quite romantic...for me.
World famous Let 'er Buck room. No cameras, so you can't prove whatever stories come out of that place.
Check one off the bucket list: Caldwell Night Rodeo just outside of Boise. We went as press, but we soaked it all in. That Caldwell Night Rodeo crowd and the announcers were awesome. Very fun rodeo.
If I was a bull rider, 99.9% of my rides would probably end up like this.
The open roads of Idaho invite you to do 80 mph. They should put a tourism campaign around this feature.
Proper wedding attire when you go to a western wedding.
On our way home, we stopped by Hamley's in Pendleton. It's the oldest running western store/saddle shop in the world. Unbelievable.
This goes out to my homeboy, Jeff Guddat, a knowledgeable sipper of Pendleton Whisky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown