Beaver Tail Trail

Every so often, you bite off more than you can chew. This was one of those days. We once again decided to take advantage of the girls in school to head up a trail in an area we see often, but don't realize the degree of difficulty. Contrary to my own belief, I'm not a 23 year old still doing triathlons. Beaver Tail Trail is named after the Umptanum Recreation Area in the Yakima River Canyon. Unbelievable scenery in the way the river cuts through the Umptanum Ridge and when you take it all in from the peak, it looks like a beaver tail. I could definitely see the resemblance, but in all fairness, Brittany and I decided to turn back before reaching the peak. The hill was extremely steep, so much so that the traversing didn't necessarily take away the degree of difficulty for us. Great hike and great view though.
Before the hike. We're all smiles here.
Just me. Brittany told me to keep plugging away. Usually I give encouragement to keep her moving, but after 11 years of marriage, I understand the look that says, "motivate me at your own risk". Below me is the bridge where the hike starts, which is where Umptanum Creek drains into the Yakima River.
Happy to be on solid, flat ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown