Some early November pictures...

Here's a look at some of the last couple of weeks.
My two little girl scouts joined their troop to celebrate Veterans during Ellensburg's downtown Veteran's Day Parade.
I found the girls looking through their baby books filled with notes, stories and pictures. It was comical to see them react to all the personalized pages and having a difficult time figuring out what baby pic was actually of them. Good weekend activity. Below are a handful of pictures of exploring the Pipe Creek area just below Blewett Pass. Last year Delaney, Adelyn and I found this area while looking for a Christmas tree (Brittany was home mending a recently repaired foot from surgery) and we went to explore it again the other day to identify a few trees suitable to call a Guddat Christmas tree, which we'll probably chop down in early December. I'm telling ya, pay $5 to the US Forest Service, and you get a ton of memories and a tree. Not a bad investment for I think the seventh or eighth year now.
We can't go for a hike without the girls finding a favorite rock and stick. Usually the rocks go in my pocket and the sticks are swung around repeatedly to the sounds of mom and dad disciplining for being careless.
Adelyn thought these two trees, which had fallen over Pipe Creek and rested on other trees, were fascinating.
They all made it over. Adelyn will take risks just to get a rise out of us. Delaney will take risks if I do it. Adelyn gets the attention for it, but in reality, I think Delaney is more of the daredevil, which she gets from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown