Outdoors with my girls...

This is Jon. As the weather turned cold (and stays that way) my three girls have wanted to venture outside more. It's been really fun to see the girls bundle up and explore or at least get out and have fun. The pics below are from the last couple of months.


Me and the girls on our Christmas Eve hike around the Yakima River and Umtanum creek.






It was cold enough that the ice over the creek was pretty solid. Of course we didn't know that until the girls had decided to get a little adventerous.








The girls in Seattle. Visiting Grandpa Jeff around the Downtown Seattle area.




Exploring the Yakima River around E-burg.














Getting crazy on the sleds on top of Craig's Hill in E-burg.






I was on the business end of a horrific crash on a pretty aggressive sledding run. There was a jump on the end of it that I was planning on hitting a lot better than I did. Luckily the left side of my face broke my fall.




The Ellensburg Rodeo arena from the top of Craig's Hill.


My girls and their friend in the backyard. I looked this morning and the only thing left is the scarf with the hat sitting on top.


Kind of random here, but east of Ellensburg is a wind farm. Whether you like the idea of wind farms is one thing, but they do look pretty spooky at dusk. Picture doesn't do it justice, even when it's blown up, but kind of cool to look at.


You can't really tell, but in the below photos, Delaney and Brittany are checking out the deer and elk feeding along the Whiskey Dick Ridge, east of E-burg. I would guess we saw a total of 50 of them over a five mile stretch, so that makes me wonder how many we didn't see.










The significance of this photo? We were in Vantage along the Columbia River and I saw a bunch of geese in the grassy area in the photo. Upon closer examination, I also noticed two guys in camoflauge above the hill. I put two and two together and came up with the idea that I could have been caught in the crossfire. We can laugh about it now.


Very cold, so we were literally chillin' on the Columbia River in Vantage.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown