Adelyn's One-year pictures





So a couple weekends ago for the cause of preserving a little history we decided to drive 150 miles to get Adelyn's one year pictures taken. I say this a bit sarcastically because well if you are mother of a little one I probably don't even need to explain. Basically put a expensive camera and a cheesy photographer in front of my normally mellow baby and let the waterworks flow. I haven't seen Addy cry that much in a long time. Then add the fact that we were paying too much attention to Adelyn and Delaney got onto the I am going to make my parents cry bandwagon. She smiled exactly once, and Adelyn never smiled as you can see by the photos. We will call these the "solemn" stage and hope we get a smile next time. It's funny me and my Mom always took Delaney when she was little for her photos and Jon never understood why I was in such a bad mood later. I would literally work up a sweat helping the photographer get her to smile, and now that Jon has come to Addy's photos he too has worked up the picture sheen!

Comments

Jon Guddat said…
My daughters are beautiful whether they are smiling or frowning, but yes, taking professional photos takes a lot out of everyone involved. I'm not mentally ready to talk about it though.
Nana said…
Ahhhh Jon...Brittany is correct. It's like a "right of passage" when you finally understand why the parent who takes the kid(s) for professional pictures is an absolute "basket case" for days after! But Addy and D-Rae look marvelous to me!
Mr.UGF said…
These pictures are adorable! I especially like the one of Delaney holding the flower with her cheesy smile with Addy. Oh so much fun to see. Glad I did not have to help with the pictures. I remember going with you and mom once with Delaney and it was crazy. Glad you got them taken!
Megs said…
The pictures are beautiful, but that's what happens when the subjects are so adorable!! Sometimes its fun to get pics that are different than the normal sit and smile pose, they are great pics!!

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown