Guddats go camping...

This is Jon. We bought a bigger tent this summer and we of course needed to test it out. We chose Cooper Lake, which has always been a day drive/hike destination for us. Cooper is one of those places where we go on a Sunday afternoon or a mid-week day so usually no one is there. When you camp on a major weekend, the place is packed, but most of the sites at Cooper are very secluded. That's what you get with a hike-in campsite atmosphere.
My fellow campers. They were beside themselves excited for the weekend.
Who is focusing on the rocks Adelyn is showing off while Delaney loses balance on her way into the lake?
It was rainy the entire time. It wasn't necessarily cold, so the girls still really wanted to go in the raft on the lake. Once we put the raft in the lake, it started raining pretty good and the temp dropped a bit (or it seemed like it, based on my fleece I was wearing, does it look like February or a week before July?). We manned up and did it, while a bundled up Brittany watched perched on a log on the shore.
You'll notice Adelyn crying here. Why is that you ask? Well, I compared this swim of mine to a polar plunge and I was frickin' cold. Having fun, but cold and I was quickly getting tired from pulling the girls around like a whale tied to a raft. I of course gave in and Adelyn and I went back on the lake for a nice float for about 20 minutes...in the rain. Actually quite peaceful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown