Ocean Shores, year 3...

This is Jon. This has been the third year we as a family have visited Ocean Shores during the Sand and Sawdust Festival last week of June.


We took advantage of a decent breeze on a picture perfect day, flying kites given to us by Grandma Debbie. The girls had a great time with them. We kept them up by anchoring them in the sand under some driftwood. The only problem? Adelyn kicked both kites free twice. After running in the sand frantically trying to catch them (I felt like Rocky Balboa in Rocky III, when he was racing on the beach with Apolo Creed, does anyone know what I'm talking about?...Anyone?). After the second time, we decided to wrap up the kite-flying portion of our schedule.




Just chillin' in the sand on a great day. Soaking up some rays, taking in the sites of world-class sand castles, watching the waves on the beach. Good times.


She looks so cute here.




Not sure what was going on here, but it is funny.

So, you'll notice that there are no pictures of: 1., sand castles, 2. wood carvings, 3. the four of us swimming at the jetty. While I can't confirm or deny it was my fault, apparently our camera doesn't do well while buried in the sand. I was able to download photos the other day, but the lens will not work. If you can steer clear of discussing this with my wife, that would be wonderful as she won't have this reminder of what a fool I am.

Comments

Nana said…
Oh my goodness,what a great tradition you have going (for 3 years)...I miss the sand and ocean but great to see the Kittitas
Guddats enjoying themselves. Also nice to see the kites flying, I'm glad I got them for the girls !!!
Grandma Debbie
Megs said…
What a fun time and a great tradition!!

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown