Daddy and Delaney explore the farm!

This is Jon. Delaney had a field trip to a local farm about five minutes from our house and I wanted to chaperon the trip just so we could hang out together. Part of being a chaperon of course is to watch over your group of kids at all times. My group was five kindergartners, and on my way out our door my wonderful wife gave me a kiss, a pat on the back, a "good luck" and a laugh. Whatever. All I know is I NEVER had all five kids together at once and averaged three kids at a time with the other two hopefully not off getting trampled by farm animals. I can also tell you that 99% of the chaperons there were of the female gender. My buddy Nate and I were the only dudes there. It was a bit embarrassing to be honest as all the women flocked to us like flies on honey. The family had a bunch of equipment and machinery on display for the kids to explore and climb aboard despite the fact that the farm was very much in operation while we were there. Delaney loved "driving" the tractor. We went on a hay ride and one of the goats got loose from his pen. We corralled him up and had him ride with us, much to the delight of Delaney. As you can tell, it was a perfect day for a field trip. The hayride took us around one of the large pastures where many grazing cattle were ready for a little bit of lunch. Delaney had a handful of alfalfa. I encouraged her to use the feed to entice the cattle a bit closer. She wasn't having it. There's a first time for everything and Friday was Delaney's first ride on a horse. She was thrilled and did very well. There were birds nests all over the place, many of them with eggs. The kids spotted a few while we were walking along a stream toward a pond. There were frogs all over the place as well. This girl got rid of any fear she had of amphibians and took charge of collecting frogs. Very cute. This is Delaney with Mackenzie. You might recognize Kenzie from her stellar season as one of my toughest players on our Advantage Dirt Contractors "Mighty Huggers" soccer squad. Her dad is the special teams coordinator for CWU football, so clearly he's cool. Me and my little farmer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown