Another round of randomness.....

The girls are such great road trippers. Not a very good photo here (I was driving at the time) but the girls were singing together in the back seat. We were on our way to the Guddat Family Christmas last Saturday in Maple Valley.
Grandpa Jeff sat with the girls at the kids table for Christmas brunch. I thought it was a great picture. The girls absolutely adore their Grandpa and the feeling is quite mutual.

I didn't get a photo of it, but the girls were playing tea party with Grandma Sharon. Pretty much every visit, Grandma is on the floor coloring or playing tea party.

So this is my Christmas Cactus. I'm told he's (yes, it's a he) older than I am and I'll be 33 this month. My grandpa and grandma Thomsen gave him to me when I was 20 and early on the thing was huge and bloomed tons of flowers every year. Lately, as in probably the last seven years, he hasn't done much and in fact shrunk to at one point one stem with one leaf. Things were looking pretty bleak for the guy, but Brittany has slowly and carefully nursed him back to health and this is the first bloom he's had in ages. She was thrilled beyond belief. There's one more bud that looks like it's trying to come out, but we'll see.

Maybe you can't tell from this angle, but Brittany's got a green thumb..............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelyn Blair turns 4!

When Mommy's sick and Daddy's in charge...

Quarterly update from KTown